Demonstration of quality innovations in emergency aid and reconstruction after disaster in the Port of Amsterdam
9 April 2015
With funding from the EU, 15 European companies, foundations, research institutions and humanitarian organizations bundled their expertises and formed the consortium S(P)EEDKITS. Their aim was to improve the efficiency and effectiveness after a humanitarian disaster strikes.
After 3 years, the results of the ambitious collaboration S(P)EEDKITS will be shown to the press at the campus of De Mobiele Fabriek in the Port of Amsterdam on the 14th of April at 16.00.
Date event: April 14 at 16.00
Location: Campus De Mobiele Fabriek, Papierweg 5, 1013 BL Amsterdam
Contact for interviews: Verele de Vreede (Waste) 0642229822
The prototypes that will be shown:
- Shelter solutions; family shelter, warehouse and multipurpose unit
- Sanitation solutions for emergency settings
- Water solutions
- Biodigester and pasteuriser of faecal sludge
- Photovoltaic solutions: Small and large scale photovoltaic add-ons for shelters
- Containerised medial solutions (a 40 feet medical equipped container, visit the webpage: www.speedkits.eu/node/64)
More information: http://www.speedkits.eu