Emergency situations require immediate action, especially when people’s lives are at stake. Therefore Hospitainer is committed to offering the right medical equipment at the right time and at the right place, to minimise human suffering.
– An estimated one-third to one-half of our world’s population lack basic surgical care.
– More than 200,000 women worldwide die annually of pregnancy related complications; 99% of them live in developing countries.
– In rural Africa only 1% to 10% of the people who are in need of surgery can access appropriate health care.
80% of mortality due to trauma, diseases and birth complications can be treated with the innovative services offered by Hospitainer. We believe that simple, robust and flexible medical solutions can save lives.
The idea for Hospitainer started when founder Rolof Mulder was installing a medical ICT solution alongside a hospital in western Africa. This hospital was an expensive, high-tech medical infrastructure located in a rural, remote area. Three months after installation the hospital was functioning poorly, was understaffed and on the verge of closing.
The idea for a different approach to conventional health infrastructure was born: Making 50-100 Hospitainer hospitals for the price of one conventional hospital. This ‘new’ hospital should be robust, mobile, low-cost and easy to maintain. Since the first prototype, Hospitainer has been active in 4 continents and the medical solutions have facilitated thousands of surgeries in post-disaster areas, conflict areas and developing countries.
Over the years Hospitainer has expended the product portfolio to a wide range of medical solutions with Hospitainers characteristics:
- In standard shipping containers
Besides our practical approach in delivering medical solutions Hospitainer aims to build sustainable, long-term relations with our partners to ensure continuous improvement of our medical solutions. By working together with a select group of suppliers, Hospitainer has become an innovative full service provider and aims to be a one-stop-shop to deliver turn-key products.
Statement of Human Rights, Environmental, Labour and anti-corruption Policy
Hereby we declare that Hospitainer supports the ten principles of the Global Compact with respect to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. We express our intent to advance those principles within our sphere of influence. We are committed to making the Global Compact and its principles part of the strategy, culture and day-to-day operations of our company, and to engaging in collaborative projects which advance the broader development goals of the United Nations, particularly the Millennium Development Goals. Hospitainer will express our intention to follow this commitment to our stakeholders and the general public.
The Ten Principles
The UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption enjoy universal consensus and are derived from:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- The Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The United Nations Convention Against CorruptionFor more information please watch our company clip (Dutch only). If you are interested in our current projects see news or like us on Facebook.